Who is prenatal aquatics best for?Many moms-to-be find that prenatal aquatics is most helpful from 12-36 weeks of pregnancy. Being in the water in the first and second trimester allows you to build strength and maintain flexibility. Prenatal aquatics in the third trimester focuses on relieving aches and pains, swelling and relaxation of the hips and pelvic area before birth.
Prenatal aquatics isn't right for everyone!
If you have any of the following conditions- prenatal aquatics is not the best fit for your health and wellness.
- Hemodynamically significant heart disease
- Restrictive lung disease
- Incompetent cervix/cerclage
- Multiple gestation at risk for premature labor
- Persistent second or third trimester bleeding
- Placenta previa after 26 weeks gestation
- Premature labor during the current pregnancy
- Ruptured membranes
- Pregnancy-induced hypertension