Home based occupational therapy provides intervention that happens where many of daily life challenges happen.
- Does your child have trouble dressing himself?
- Does your child have trouble getting around the house or playing with others?
- You child can work on challenging skills where they generally happen. There is no “pretending” to get dressed.
- You child will learn to apply daily living skills at home where they are used most.
- Parents are encouraged to take part in treatment to help carryover.
- Siblings can participate with their brother or sister and may learn how to help their sibling with challenges.
- Occupational therapy at home will address real life challenges that parents and caregivers face each day.
- There is no travel to a center to work on exercises that you can’t or won’t do at home.